HC Heavy Combination Semi-Trailer Licence
With more than 20 years’ experience in driver training, Affordable Driving School are one of the popular industry choices for truck drivers looking to gain their HC licences via affordable HC truck lessons in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
When it comes to teachers working at heavy combination truck driving schools in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, our team of instructors have an excellent first time pass rate.
Upgrading to HC Licence in Brisbane, QLD
If you are a current truck licence holder looking to upgrade, you must have had your MR Medium Rigid licence or HR Heavy Rigid licence for a minimum of 12 months. You must have held your licence for this amount of time within the last 5 years before applying.
We have pre-arranged tests with Queensland Transport, which some other heavy combination truck driving schools in Brisbane and the Gold Coast may not offer.
What your HC Heavy Combination Licence Training allows you to drive
The Queensland Department of Main Roads and Transport laws allow you to drive
- A class HR vehicle
- A truck (more than 8t GVM) with a trailer of more than 9t GVM
- A prime mover (more than 8t GVM) with a trailer of more than 9t GVM (semitrailer)
- A specially constructed vehicle, including a tractor (more than 8t GVM with more than 2 axles), with a trailer of more than 9t GVM
The GVM is the maximum weight that a truck can carry including its own weight. This is the maximum or total weight of a loaded rigid vehicle (including body, payload, fuel and driver). It is a figure set by the manufacturer and is lodged with registration authorities and governs all applications and is stamped on the compliance plate of the vehicle (also referred to as GVW or Gross Vehicle Weight).
HC Truck Lessons Pricing
- 1 FULL ONE HOUR LESSON: $120.00
- TEST: $360.00 (includes GST and a one hour lesson prior to the test)