MR/Medium Rigid Truck Training | Brisbane and the Gold Coast
Affordable have more than 20 years’ experience in delivering medium rigid truck lessons to Brisbane and Gold Coast based students. Their teaching style is professional, friendly, patient and fun, which means no-pressure lessons and more confident new truck drivers! If you want to get your MR licence and have been comparing medium rigid truck driving schools, there’s no better place than Affordable for getting great lessons at a great value for money rate.
Our instructors have an excellent first time pass rate. They’ll make sure you have the skills and knowledge to pass your test, and that you’re confident and knowledgeable about what’s required of you.
We have pre-arranged tests with Queensland Transport, so the wait is minimal for you.
Saturday tests are also available.
One Day MR Truck Lessons
We now have 1-day courses available.
OPTION 1 – $540
- 4 Hours driver training prior to test (aimed for experienced in driving a truck)
- test package, and
- Additional QLD Transport booking fee will apply
OPTION 2 – $720
- 6 Hours driver training prior to test
- test package, and
- Additional QLD Transport Booking fee will apply
Prerequisites MR Licence
To upgrade your licence to a heavy vehicle licence (class LR, MR, HR, HC) you must pass a practical driving test.
If you only hold a car (class C) or motorbike (class RE or R) licence you must have held that licence for at least 12 months.
You will also need to pass a written heavy vehicle road rules test.
What your MR Medium Rigid Truck Training & Licence allows you to drive
The Queensland Department of Main Roads and Transport laws allow you to drive
- A class LR vehicle
- A bus (more than 8t GVM with not more than 2 axles) with or without a trailer of not more than 9t GVM
- A truck including a prime mover (more than 8t GVM with not more than 2 axles) with or without a trailer of not more than 9t GVM
- A specially constructed vehicle, including a tractor (more than 8t GVM with not more than 2 axles), with or without a trailer of not more than 9t GVM
The GVM is the maximum weight that a truck can carry including its own weight. This is the maximum or total weight of a loaded rigid vehicle (including body, payload, fuel and driver). It is a figure set by the manufacturer and is lodged with registration authorities and governs all applications and is stamped on the compliance plate of the vehicle (also referred to as GVW or Gross Vehicle Weight).
MR Course Pricing
This month’s special
- 1 FULL HOUR LESSON: $100.00 NOW $90.00
- TEST $300.00 NOW $270.00 (this includes GST and a one hour lesson prior to the test.)
- Medium Rigid Truck Licence (MR) ½ day course (experienced) – $540
- Medium Rigid Truck Licence (MR) full day course – $720
Call the Affordable office today for more information on our 1-day MR truck lessons.